Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Gift of Faith

Until last night I always thought my faith was too small. My mistake was in thinking it was "My" faith. But I discovered last night what I have been calling "My" Faith is really "His" faith.

Heb 12:2 "Look to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith."

Do you see it? Jesus is the author of what we call Faith. The author of something owns it. I can write a book and give it to you as a gift, but you did not write it. The words are always mine. I own the copyright.

Jesus produced my faith and gave it to me as a gift. He never takes back a gift. It is everlasting and perfect. Everyone who believes in Jesus receives this everlasting gift.

What's more amazing is the nature of the gift. Not only does he give it to us, but it is an extension of his own faith. We receive Jesus's faith.

Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ.

Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Gal 2:20 … and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.

Now when Satan shoots his flaming arrows of doubt at me. I do not quench them with my timid faith, for I have no faith of my own. I extinguish them with the Faith that Jesus gave me, a portion of his own faith, an all powerful invincible faith, the very faith that defeated and defeats Satan every time. My shield is the same shield of faith that Jesus carried, no different, ever powerful.

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

This is so exciting, Jesus’s Faith also becomes an additional coating on the breastplate of God’s Righteousness. My heart is protected. My mind is protected by the Everlasting Gift of the Hope of Salvation, my lower body is protected by the everlasting Truth of the Scriptures, My feet are protected by the Gospel of Peace, I have Jesus’s own faith as a shield. My strength comes from the everlasting gift of Joy, and my courage comes from the promises and oaths of God that give me confidence and a guarantee, it is the certain evidence of faith. My sword is the all powerful Word of God which I use to counter the lies of the devil.

I marvel when I realize that everything I need has been given to me. I brought nothing to the table. I was given all the gifts, and the faithful shepherd Jesus teaches me how to use them. Now that I know I have the faith of Jesus, I wonder what he will have me do to magnify the Father? I must decrease and he must increase.

I no longer see my faith as too small, it is much bigger than I realized, and Jesus is still putting the finishing touches on it. Allelu-Yah. Praise Yah. Oh Happy day!



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Gainesville, Florida, United States
I want to do a Gospel walking tour up to Alaska, over the Bearing Staits into Russia, drop down to China, and proceed west towards Europe.